About the Role
The HR & Operations Associate will provide general administrative, operations, and human resources support across all functions of the People and Operations department and serve as a liaison between the department and the organization’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and IT consultants.
Reporting to the Associate Director of People and Operations, the HR & Operations Associate is responsible for all operations relative to the entire employee lifecycle, in a generalist capacity, and will work closely with the Associate Director of Human Resources & Finance & Operations Associate.
- Engage with the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) for onboarding, offboarding, and payroll support including non-exempt timesheet tracking, benefits administration, and HR compliance.
- Assist with the recruitment process, including posting and updating open positions internally and externally as requested, scheduling interviews as requested by hiring managers, and tracking application status.
- Provide onboarding & offboarding support for staff, interns, contractors, and vendors, including liaising with IT consultants for any equipment or systems needs.
- Process, update, and maintain accurate personnel records in all HR databases and systems.
- Assist with the planning and execution of staff and intern engagement events and initiatives.
- Work closely with insurance vendors to support any certificate of insurance or compliance requests from funders.
- Generate HR-related reports, manage system upgrades, and maintain data integrity
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of personnel data.
The strongest candidates for this position will have most, though likely not all, of the following qualifications and characteristics:
- At least 2 years of human resources/operations experience.
- Experience working with project management systems and databases.
- Experience working with vendors and consultants.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with professional employer organizations (PEO) is strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment;
- Excellent written, analytical, oral, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficiency and/or working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, & Google Suite.
- A commitment to the work of Safe Passage Project and readiness to grow and learn with the Safe Passage Project team.
Compensation and Benefits
Safe Passage Project offers a competitive salary in the range of $60,475 - $68,163 annually and offers the following benefits:
- A hybrid work environment, staff currently work from our office 1 day a week.
- Open Paid Time Off
- Medical plans (which includes a 100% premium coverage medical plan), Dental plans, Vision plans, and telehealth services.
- Employer-sponsored retirement savings plan, we provide 6% employer matching of your 401(k) contributions
- 12 weeks of Paid Family Leave
- Short-term disability (STD) & Long-term disability (LTD) Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and Health savings accounts (HSA)
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly Professional Development Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Flexible work schedule
- Additional work-from-home options
- Voluntary Life Insurance plans
The team works on a beautiful campus at a terrific office location in Tribeca and in our Long Island office in Hicksville, NY. Safe Passage Project is proud to have a top-down, bottom-up commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Safe Passage Project is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information on Safe Passage Project, please visit www.safepassageproject.org.